Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Turkey Time!!

Wow... I created my title with such enthusiasm that it really doesn't matter that I don't like turkey. At least not the Thanksgiving kind. I can tolerate it pretty well on a sandwich at Panera. I'm more of a ham or chicken sort of girl.

Anyway... despite our founding fathers' poor choice of Thanksgiving poultry, Thanksgiving means that it's officially the start of the holiday season!! YAY!! Thanksgiving makes it OK to listen to Magic 96.5's "All Christmas Music, All the Time." (Please ignore the fact that I've been listening to Christmas music since Halloween.) Thanksgiving makes it OK to over-decorate the house, the tree, the front porch... (Please also ignore the fact that I've been buying ornaments for my tree since January.) Christmas usually puts people in a great mood... well, except for the people at the Galleria, but they don't count as real people. Those frantic-Christmas-shopper types could generally pass easier as Pod People. But besides the retail workers and the over-zealous shoppers, people are generally in a good, cheery sort of mood. Happy almost. :) I like it.

I am reeling from my very fantastic weekend in Gainesville... you folks should be so lucky. I'm convinced that everyone wishes they had my friends. And if you happen to be one of those negative, cranky people who don't actually wish you had my friends, humor me. It's Christmas, after all. Here are some of the highlights...



My new favorite chair... I LOVE IT!! Just in case you can't actually see the price tag, it definitely says $349. It did not make it home with me. Instead, I bought the same fabric in the floor sample/scratch & dent section and am going to make a headboard!! I know you're jealous. Try to restrain yourselves.


Notice the matching fabric on the bench cushions. And the bench for the table is built directly onto the kitchen bar... clever, huh? I really, REALLY like this whole room concept. Here are a couple more pics:



Please ignore the poorly dressed people in this photo. They apparently were unconcerned that I was trying to document my future home decor for the masses. In any event, the room was awesome. I heart IKEA.

I haven't learned much to speak of lately, though it's not from a lack of trying. But here are a few things to note:

1) I am unfathomably addicted to the Twilight series. Who knew that a teenage vampire love story could be so intriguing?!? I am almost finished with the second book, New Moon. It's a great read.

2) I frequently find myself trying to image what life must be like for people very different from myself. For instance, I can't image what it must be like to NOT like to read. My sisters think reading is work. That's a strange concept to me.

3) Bad grammar and poor spelling irritate me. Especially in e-mails and even in text messages. I was reading the back of a Post cereal box this past weekend. The text was like 5 "sentences." 4 out of 5 were incomplete sentences. How disappointing, Post. I cannot support poor grammar from a major corporation. Surely someone there can proofread your boxes before they're printed. Until then, goodbye Pecan Maple Crunch cereal.

4) Bottled water at Disney World costs more than soda. This is because water quenches your thirst and soda does not. Bad for me... but good for Disney. Congrats on that outstanding business move.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! Hope it's blessed!

No comments: